I can't think of much that Microsoft has done that hasn't made 'good
business sense.' However, the question comes in when you ask if this
plan is ethical. Most businesses need to keep their practices ethical in
order to keep favor with their customers, but as time has proven,
Microsoft does not have this hindrance.

-Tim