Caveat Emptor.
MicroSoft is not the only business culpable for selling a
pig-in-a-poke.  That term pre-dates MS by a few thousand years.  Any
moron stupid enough to fall for that scam deserves what happens to
their stock.  MicroSoft's dot net scalable enough to run SAP for a
fortune 500?  Come on, what kind of crack is their CIO smoking?
You'd be darn lucky if a Linux cluster could pull that off, you'd be
a candidate for sainthood if you could get XP to do it!
Smoke and mirrors.  If you can get Windows to do what your Unix
servers used to do, you never needed Unix to start with!  You could
have saved the money and had NT on a couple of PII/400's running
their tiny little legs off.

Doug Riddle

--- Dustin Puryear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Good point. Okay, on the face of it, trying your hardest to convert
> people
> to your product is a good idea. Apple seems to be doing a good job
> of it
> recently. Of course, if you outright lie then there is a problem.
>
> At 12:58 PM 10/9/2002 -0500, you wrote:
> >I can't think of much that Microsoft has done that hasn't made
> 'good
> >business sense.' However, the question comes in when you ask if
> this
> >plan is ethical. Most businesses need to keep their practices
> ethical in
> >order to keep favor with their customers, but as time has proven,
> >Microsoft does not have this hindrance.
> >
> >-Tim
> >

> >On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 08:38, Dustin Puryear wrote:
> > > I don't think this is bad of Microsoft. Good business sense. I
> just hope
> > > they don't spread any FUD with the new campaign.
> > >
> > > Okay, I was grinning when I typed the last sentence. But it is
> a good
> > > business plan.
> > >
> > > Regards, Dustin

> Migration? i
>
> > Migrations. :)

> > > ---
> > > Dustin Puryear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > Puryear Information Technology
> > > Windows, UNIX, and IT Consulting
> > > http://www.puryear-it.com

> ---
> Dustin Puryear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Puryear Information Technology
> Windows, UNIX, and IT Consulting
> http://www.puryear-it.com

=====
Warmest Regards,
Doug Riddle
http://www.dougriddle.com

## Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the
Peoples' Liberty Teeth." - George Washington ##