From: general-boun...@brlug.net [mailto:general-boun...@brlug.net] On Behalf Of
Tim Fournet
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 2:10 PM
To: general@brlug.net
Subject: Re: [brlug-general] Internet Human Bill of Rights

The government heavily controls imports and exports of goods, especially
weapons, raw materials, and food with taxes, quotas, and restrictions. There
are a lot of reasons for this, including making it possible to sustain our own
agriculture and keep prices competitive with other countries. That said, Ray's
point about the government not having the balls to focus on the real issue is
something I totally agree with. If the US has a problem with human rights
violations by foreign governments, they need to tackle the issue head-on -- not
attack the liberties of our own people instead.

This reminds me of the old "war by proxy" mentality of making somebody else
fight your battles for you so you can keep your own hands clean.