Say I perform an unfiltered search that resolves to 300 fragments. Now, since
it was unfiltered, no fragments were needed, for the *search*, to be loaded
into memory. Only the indexes were used. Now lets say I want the authors from
all these fragments/docs (fragment=doc since no fragmentation policy). The data
still needs to be loaded into memory for all 300 docs even if I only a small
piece? i.e. expanded/compressed caches(not certain?) will need to be filled
with 300 docs?
i.e. Even if a search can be performed without pagination, this does not save
one from blowing out the caches when the data is retrieved from the docs?
Pagination may still be required?

Any information is appreciated...