xdmp:sha1()
xdmp:sha256()
xdmp:sha512()

On 05/09/2011 12:17 PM, Keith L. Breinholt wrote:

Can we get the SHA-2 functions as well?  (SHA-256 and SHA-512 at least.)

Thanks.

- Keith

*From:*general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com [mailto:general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com] *On Behalf Of *Sam Neth
*Sent:* Monday, May 09, 2011 12:07 PM
*To:* General MarkLogic Developer Discussion
*Subject:* Re: [MarkLogic Dev General] More easter eggs: HMAC SHA and AWS

I stand corrected.

I've just been reminded that some new crypto builtins are coming in 5.0, including xdmp:hmac-sha1.

Sam Neth
Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation

On May 8, 2011, at 9:42 AM, Sam Neth wrote:

AWS computes signatures based on the encoded data, which I believe to be the result of signature checking being in the wrong layer of the service architecture. As a result they are sensitive to differences in hex digit capitalization, and to the precise set of reserved characters, which is not universally standardized. Because xdmp:url-encode does not conform to their specifications, and may be subject to change, a new version was added to ensure compatibility.

I'm sorry to say there's no xdmp:hmac-sha1. One of the benefits of adding undocumented functions to support specific features is a reduction in the cost of testing, documentation, and completeness. There has been discussion in the past of including a full suite of public crypto functions, wrapping more of what's already present in the OpenSSL library, but I don't believe there's a plan to do that at this time. Add your voice to the RFE process if you crave this functionality.

Sam Neth
Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation