Hi all,

I'm having an issue with a MarkLogic instance that hosts several app servers
and databases.   I've had trouble tracking the issue down since I can't
reproduce the problem, but I do have a suspicion as to why it is happening.
Before I go any further, here is the text of the message pulled from the ML
error log.

XDMP-FORESTNOT: xdmp:eval("xquery version "1.0-ml";

                ...", (fn:QName("", "collections"), "endpoints", fn:QName("",
"content"), ...), <options
Forest logs-1 not available: XDMP-FORESTERR: Error in merge of forest logs-1:
SVC-MAPINI: Mapped file initialization error:
 CreateFile 'C:\Program
Files\MarkLogic\Data\Forests\logs-1\00003e57\Timestamps': The process cannot
access the file because it is being used by another
 process.

Currently, there are 10 app servers running different instances of the same
 app.  There is also a "logs" database that is not bound to any app server.
 However, each application writes to that same logs database via an eval
statement.  Well, when any request is made to any of the 10 app servers, a log
is written to the logs database.  I suspect that it is possible that, because
10 different app servers are writing to the same database constantly, it is
possible that the MarkLogic process itself doesn't let go of the files
necessary to perform the merge long enough to actually do the merge, but this
is just speculation.

Is this a plausible explanation?  If not, has anyone had any experience with
this particular error message and a possible fix?  The only resource I've found
that references SVC-MAPINI doesn't seem to be the same issue:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11843916/the-realm-in-the-security-database-got-changed-accidently-in-marklogic-now-cann
Also, for all of the databases, including the logs database, transaction
locking and journaling are set to "fast."  Could these settings, or any others,
be responsible or at least alleviate the problem?

Thanks all,

Nelson Wells
Application Developer
nelson.we...@icainformatics.com

[cid:image001.jpg@01CDABA4.C77BAD90]

1801 West End, Suite 1000
Nashville, TN 37203
www.icainformatics.com<http://www.icainformatics.com/>

[cid:image002.jpg@01CDABA4.C77BAD90]<http://twitter.com/icainformatics>

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY: This electronic message, including attachments, is
for the sole use of the named recipient and may contain confidential or
privileged information protected by State of Tennessee and Federal regulations.
 Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, copying or distribution is strictly
prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient or have received this
communication in error please contact the sender or email
i...@icainformatics.com and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank
you.

<<inline: image001.jpg>>

<<inline: image002.jpg>>