OK.. Here is an example directly form following the manual..

*# my sample xmle file*
*$ cat sample-triple.xml *
<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#";
  xmlns:d="http://example.org/data/";
  xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema/";>
  <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://example.org/data#item22";>
    <d:shipped rdf:datatype="xsd:date">2013-05-14</d:shipped>
    <d:quantity rdf:datatype="xsd:integer">27</d:quantity>
    <d:invoiced rdf:datatype="xsd:boolean">true</d:invoiced>
    <d:costPerItem rdf:datatype="xsd:decimal">10.50</d:costPerItem>
  </rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF>
*#my script*
*$ cat sample.sh *
curl -s -X PUT --data-binary '@sample-triple.xml'  \
-H "Content-type: application/rdf+xml"  \
--digest --user "*****:*******"  \
"http://localhost:9999/v1/graphs?default";
*#run the command*

*And the result:*
I get a triple in my database (/triplestore/8cfb799a4130f932.xml)

Try a sample like this and see what happens so that we can get a  baseline
in order to properly assist.

Kind Regards,
David Ennis

David Ennis