You mention Roxy.  That adds another layer.   I suggests the Roxy forum for
discussing this.

https://github.com/marklogic/roxy/issues

Roxy is a community developed project, Not part of the core MarkLogic product.
I don't know to what extent Roxy has been modified to work with ML8 or what
changes to suggest to code using it.

Many of the low level JSON related API's changed in ML8 and not all the
community developed libraries have incorporated those yet.  The Application
APIs provided by MarkLogic (like the Java Client API, XCC etc) are updated
in-sync with the server update releases, externally managed products and
libraries are independently managed by their authors and/or the community (for
OS projects).

David Lee
Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation