From: general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com
[mailto:general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com] On Behalf Of Justin Makeig
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 5:58 PM
To: MarkLogic Developer Discussion
Subject: Re: [MarkLogic Dev General] Query on Fragmentation

The general rule of fragmentation is "Don't use fragmentation". It is a very
sharp tool for a very specific use case, where you have large logical sections,
like chapters, under a parent document. What we've found generally is that
taking the time to model and split aggregated "fragments" into explicit
documents is a better approach 9.9 times out of 10.

Can you say a little more about what you're trying to accomplish? What do your
queries look like?

Justin

On Sep 16, 2015, at 3:30 AM, Pavadaidurai A