Hello Community,

Planning to watch the SuperBowl this weekend? I've got three home-brewed beers
ready for my guests. It's the one time we'll watch TV commercials.

DMC Content
The DMC blog has more posts about using MarkLogic with containers, both by Bill
Miller:

  *   Creating an MLCP Docker container with pre-loaded
data<http://developer.marklogic.com/blog/docker-mlcp>
  *   Deploying a Marklogic Cluster using Kubernetes and
NGINX<http://developer.marklogic.com/blog/docker-deploy-kubernetes>

I'm also planning to update the DMC Tools
page<http://developer.marklogic.com/code>. I'm curious: what Community projects
do you rely on? Write back and let me know.

Software Releases
The big news is that MarkLogic 9 Early Access 4 is now available. Sign up for
access at https://ea.marklogic.com/.

January was a busy month for Community projects:

  *   Rob Rudin released version 2.5.0 of
ml-gradle<https://github.com/rjrudin/ml-gradle/releases/tag/2.5.0> (Gradle
plugin for automating anything you can imagine with MarkLogic)
  *   Patrick McElwee released version 3.0.0 of
ml-analytics-dashboard-ng<https://github.com/patrickmcelwee/ml-analytics-dashboard-ng>
 (AngularJS analytics dashboard for use with MarkLogic database)
  *   Scott Stafford released version 0.9.0 of
marklogic-spring-batch<https://github.com/sastafford/marklogic-spring-batch> (A
comprehensive and robust solution for writing batch processing applications in
MarkLogic)
  *   Marianne Myers released version 2.0 of
slush-marklogic-dotnet<https://github.com/mariannemyers/slush-marklogic-dotnet>
(slush generator for an Angular/ASP.NET Core/MarkLogic application)
  *   Joe Bryan released version 1.0.2 of
ml-common-ng<https://github.com/joemfb/ml-common-ng> (An angular module of
common components for the MarkLogic REST API)
  *   AppDynamics released version 1.0 of
marklogic-monitoring-extension<https://github.com/Appdynamics/marklogic-monitoring-extension>
 (AppDynamics Monitoring Extension for use with MarkLogic)
  *   Joe Bryan released version 0.2.8 of
ml-search-ng<https://github.com/joemfb/ml-search-ng> (angular module for
MarkLogic search applications)
  *   Paxton Hare released version 2.0.0-alpha.2 of the Data Hub
Framework<https://github.com/marklogic/marklogic-data-hub> (A data hub
framework for MarkLogic. The 2.0.0 release is based on MarkLogic 9 EA)
  *   Rob Rudin released version 1.0.0 of
ml-migration-starter<https://github.com/rjrudin/ml-migration-starter> (Starter
kit for migrating data from any relational database into MarkLogic using Spring
Batch)

Events

  *   Webinar, February 21: Catching Bad Guys with
Technology<http://carahsoft.adobeconnect.com/marklogic>
  *   Berlin, March 29: ETL Prozesse reduzieren durch Data Point Modelling in
einer NoSQL
Datenbank<https://www.meetup.com/MarkLogic-User-Group-NoSQL-Database-Technology/events/235981792/>
  *   Frankfurt, March 30: ETL Prozesse reduzieren durch Data Modelling in
einer NoSQL
Datenbank<https://www.meetup.com/MarkLogic-User-Group-NoSQL-Database-Technology/events/235981853/>

Also, registration has opened for MarkLogic World. We'll be in Chicago, London,
and Tokyo this year — hope to see you there! https://world.marklogic.com/

MLU
MarkLogic University continues their On Demand series about
Security<http://mlu.marklogic.com/ondemand/index.xqy?q=Series%3ASecurity> with
a video on External Authentication<http://mlu.marklogic.com/ondemand/5b6d70f4>.
Ever wondered how to use LDAP with MarkLogic?

--
Dave Cassel<http://davidcassel.net>, @dmcassel<https://twitter.com/dmcassel>
Technical Community Manager