Hello Community,

Okay, I'm running a bit late with this edition. I took a vacation right before
a big American holiday; I had a couple emails to dig through on my return, as
you might imagine.

MarkLogic World
Not able to make it this year? Did you go, but weren't able to attend every
talk that sounded interesting? Not to fear, the videos are here.
http://www.marklogic.com/resource-event/mlw-2017/.

Community Projects
In case you missed it, notice that MarkLogic-related community-driven projects
have been migrated from github.com/marklogic to github.com/marklogic-community.
This will make it easier to tell which projects are supported by the company
and which are supported by the community.

  *   Overstory IntelliJ plugin: Ron Hitchens and the folks at Overstory have
been working on an IntelliJ plugin for MarkLogic, to support code completion,
debugging, and other features. It's still in the early stages, but take a look,
give them some feedback, or contribute to the code at
https://github.com/overstory/marklogic-intellij-plugin.
  *   Rob Rudin published version 2.8.0 of both
ml-gradle<https://github.com/marklogic-community/ml-gradle> and
ml-app-deployer<https://github.com/marklogic-community/ml-app-deployer>, a
Management API wrapper.
  *   Geert Josten and team have released version 1.3.2 of
slush-marklogic-node<https://github.com/marklogic-community/slush-marklogic-node>,
 a plugin for the Slush application generator<http://slushjs.github.io/>.
  *   Rob Szkutak and Geert Josten released 1.7.6 of Roxy, with updates mostly
related to the application deployer.

Events

  *   Boston, July 11th: The Role of Data Lakes in Supporting Digital
Transformation
Initiatives<https://www.meetup.com/MarkLogic-NoSQL-Boston/events/239300553/>
  *   London, July 12th: Semantics in
Action!<https://www.meetup.com/MarkLogic-User-Group-UK/events/240663738/>
  *   San Carlos, CA, July 19th: Empower Your Geospatial Application with a
NoSQL Database<https://www.meetup.com/Peninsula-NoSQL-Meetup/events/241154749/>

As always, if you'd like one of these events to come to a location near you,
let me know.

In addition to the live events, check out the list of upcoming webinars on
MarkLogic 9: http://www.marklogic.com/webinars/

Dave.

--
Dave Cassel, @dmcassel<https://twitter.com/dmcassel>