Vincent Massol wrote:

Hi,

I have posted this idea under the thread "[Cactus] Gump build failure:
Culprit found!" but I'm reposting it here as I'm not sure everyone will
read the cactus stuff and I think this is an "interesting idea"... :-)

Idea: It would be nice if Gump would be able to do a source diff of a
project dependencies, and this between a successful run and a failed
one. That would be soooo nice! A report page showing all the
differences. There can't be that much in 1 day, right?

Having this should save countless hours of debugging trying to figure
out what is wrong.

Wow great Idea. We have the necessary info from the timestamp on the CVS
Looks like start time of cvs for a gump run should be store in the history data.

Perhaps we should even be more explicit. We coulld record the official start time of the entier gump run and use that as the timestamp for "ALL" cvs updates.