In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Adam R. B. Jack" writes:
>BTW: Anybody expert enough with CVS|SVN to be able to query it for changes
>since date X, or something like that. I know there is -n, but I feel I need
>more. Does viewcvs do anything useful like this?

Here's an excerpt from one of my unsent gump musings.  There may
be a better solution:

>Given the limitations of CVS, it's a bit difficult to
>identify the last change to a codebase efficiently (you can't
>issue -c and -m at the same time to cvs history), but a hack
>like
>  cvs log -d '2004-02-12<' 2> /dev/null | grep -q 'selected revisions: [1-9]'
>where 2004-02-12 is replaced with the last time Gump ran will
>suffice to determine if a code base has had a commit made to it
>since the last run.

That will tell you if there's been a change to a code base, if that's
what you're interested in.  There's a better way with svn, but I'd
have to look at the man page since I haven't internalized all of
its options.

daniel