> There are lots of things I do not know about lsd.

Ok, so perhaps you can have LSD and then Stefan and/or Stefano could have
moof. Leo, of course LSD is yours (if you want it) for as long as you allow
us left to use it. LEo, you get to chose since you have to do the 'chown -R'
on the tree. :-)

> It might help if you can email me the .profile or equivalent that you
> use on lsd and on moof, so that I know how you set up your path, or in
> other words
> where are all the critical utilities like maven, svn, cvs, *forrest*

Basically I need help with this. I am not a good enough *nix user (these
days) to figure out the "correct" way to set a .profile that things in cron
get to benefit from. I'd really like to have folks help clean that up, if at
all possible.

svn/cvs are installed by root (Mr Simmons) and so are whereever they are...

Unfortunately I installed maven and forrest into ~ajack/opt. Maybe Leo could
move them into /data3/gump/gump-install/opt or something. /data3/gump/opt is
where the packages are.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] gump-install]$ more local-env-py.sh
export ROOT=/data3/gump
export GUMP=$ROOT/gump-install
export GUMP_WS=$ROOT/
export GUMP_LOG_DIR=$ROOT/log

export FORREST_HOME=/home/ajack/opt/forrest
export PATH=$PATH:$FORREST_HOME/bin

export MAVEN_HOME=/home/ajack/opt/maven-1.0-rc1
export PATH=$PATH:$MAVEN_HOME/bin

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2/
export CLASSPATH=$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar
export PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin

BTW: CVS puts a .cvspass in $HOME and I see others, from maven, and such. I
suspect these will get re-created.

BTW: There is private information in the lsd.xml in the install directory,
please *never* post it, or check it in to CVS, or anything like that. Also,
LSD.xml is marked as private="true" for that reason.

> If you have a crontab on lsd, do you want to email me the contents ?

Here it is:

# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE - edit the master and reinstall.
# (/tmp/crontab.3967 installed on Sun Feb 29 20:27:58 2004)
# (Cron version -- $Id: crontab.c,v 2.13 1994/01/17 03:20:37 vixie Exp $)
0 2 * * *  cd /data3/gump/gump-install; /bin/nice -n 15 /bin/bash
/data3/gump/gump-install/gumpy.sh

This is quite possibly overkill, but it is complete. Basically we have gump
in /data3/gump/gump-install becase (on LSD only) /data3/gump is also the
workspace directory. [We had an issue where some files (statistics) are
still stored under the install, not under the workspace basedir (still do, I
ought enter that in JIRA), and the CVS update/sync was wiping stuff out.]

> I might also try to get moof running.
>
> Next week, I should have time to work on gump, I will be staying in
> Walldorf until Thursday,

Let's try to spread the wealth/chaores, IMHO. Stefan or Stefanoi or Leo or
other want Moof?

BTW: Here is my request. For each person taking over a machine, please
document that machines config/set-up in the wiki. [I think Leo asked for
this in a JIRA entry.]

regards,