These ought get added to JIRA, and I'll try to find time for the bigger
ones, but off the top of my head -- here is a wishlist. I'd love folks to
take on different tasks and I'd help them w/ my knowledge of current
internals, if needed, etc.

In no particular order:

) An historical results database of results (per project, per module?) in an
RDBMS.
) Dated log (but with RSS/Atom/results.xml above that, not dated.)
) xdocs written into log, not launch forrest, for tomcat (based
off --xdocs). [There might be dragons here.]
) Writing entity (work/files/project/module/workspace) documentation during
the run.
) Complete replacement of license headers with AL 2.0, see
./python/license.txt
) Find all :TODO: in code, and evaluate, perhaps log in JIRA
) Review of the RSS/Atom generation, to see if the hierarchy of channels
makes sense.
) Move run information (like annotation/state/etc) off the model entities
(which are already parallel to the XML entities) perhaps to parallel Context
objects, e.g. ProjectContext -> Project -> XMLProject. This is so GUI
(others) can reuse the load Workspace model.
) An --optimise (that only builds if isUpdated [from CVS|SVN] is true)
) A --nonag (an override to suppress nagging)
) An --official (to say 'produce results/nag/etc.')
) continuous.py (that runs gumpy.py within a loop, with some --optimise --
nonag, some --official). Perhaps same for a continuous 'check' loop.
) Configuration .... this one is huge. We have some cheap commandLine code
that sets values into a GumpRunOptions object, but we probably want a more
sophisticated configuration approach (a config.xml that spans workspaces, or
????) We could do this in workspace, and have commandline overrides, but we
need something...
) Python code review -- how could we be more Pythonic. What Python packages
ought we use. PyUnit? PyDoc? Others?
) So a performance analysis of Gumpy, why did the XML load slow down, why is
the dictionary accessor in the XML object get called so much, where is all
the memory going? etc.
) E-mail -- cope with full unicode addresses (e.g. Ceki Gulcu's in log4j)
) SVG -- some nice 'charts|graphics' generated as x.svg and access (via
forrest) as x.png.
) An HTML Documenter, via Cheetah.
) Better FOG math, especially statistical analysis
) depend=all (for Nicola to have his project run last of all.)
) 'Peers' -- calculating projects with identical dependencies (for comparing
FOG)
) 'Obstacles' -- calculating which project (not just root cause) block a
successful run for this project.
) Have a CVS tag (or branch?) for LIVE Gump and TESTING Gump, so we can have
production runs, and yet feel comfortable extending the code. I don't know
if we just chose this when we checkout, and an update will get the same, but
teach gumpy.py if we need.

I think I need to stop typing...

regards,

Experience the Unwired Enterprise: