> >Just to clarify. The commons-codec HEAD build works fine within
> >jakarta-commons. This is an historic (tagged) version I am trying to
> >construct, 'cos WS-XMLRPC can't built against head, and won't move up.
> >
> Ah, okay.  Why won't they move up?

They just don't want to move up, they are like the Sloth (in the kid's book
by Eric Carle), they are content to move 'slowly slowly slowly...'.  Gump
really doesn't have a right/need to judge, we aren't trying to promote
change (instability), just detect issues.

>  Does
> Gump implement some kind of pre-target and post-target execution?

Hmm, it does do some pre/post build work, but nothing (yet) customizable.
The pre-build includes allowing <mkdir and <delete , and the post-build
includes publishing to a repository. Customization is worth considering one
day.

regards