On 5 Nov 2004, at 16:36, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

On Friday 05 November 2004 22:51, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

Niclas, we are trying to standardize along with the maven names. Stefan
is doing the right thing and should be the fulcrum POM that needs to be
updated to follow maven IDs, not to just follow gump ones (which are now
aligned anyway).

According to published items on the ibiblio.org server, both the combined and
split versions are published at the moment.

http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/commons-beanutils/jars/

And by looking at 1.6 and earlier was without the split version, I would say
that they are transiting to a permanent split version.

i'm afraid it's not as simple as that. the whole story's a little involved (and should be covered at least in part in the gump archives) so i'll try to give a short summary of life-as-of-the-last-release. beanutils now produces two sets of artifacts: modular (commons-beanutils-core and commons-beanutils-collections) and combined (commons-beanutils). automated tools (such as maven and gump) should be using the modular dependencies.

So, now try figure out what is the Maven standard name :o) ??

it didn't help that when the release was cut, the maven naming policies were in transition. if you're looking for the an artifact name that works for maven try:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-beanutils</groupId>
      <typeId>jar</typeId>
      <artifactId>commons-beanutils-core</artifactId>
      <version>1.7.0</version>
      <url>http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/beanutils.html</url>
    </dependency>

(probably not correct but due to the number of projects that needed a clean beanutils distribution - with no commons-collections dependency - we couldn't hold the release until the policy had been finalized)

- robert