> | It appears the correct ID is axis:axis-wsdl4j, ie the artifact ID is
> | axis-wsdl4j, the group axis. This seems right.
> |
> | So is the problem that wsdl4j has declared itself to be something
> | different in gump than it did in Maven?
>
> The axis:axis-wsdl4j is a result of how Axis publishes the wsdl4j jar in
> the Maven repo (http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/axis/jars/).
> If it it makes things easier, I could publish the jar in the snapshot
> repo (http://cvs.apache.org/repository/) under wsdl4j:wsdl4j and then
> reference that in our Maven descriptors..

That'll hurt your standalone build in the long run, so I'd say not.

This is just another case of Maven and Gump in parallel allocating IDs
to projects in the past - differently :)

There are probably 3 solutions:
1) change the gump IDs to match (project axis, id axis-wsdl4j?)
2) map the gump ID with an additional file as Stefan mentioned earlier
3) add the ability to map to a different gump ID in the project.xml
dependencies element and have it come out in the gump descriptor.

I'm going to do (3) eventually, with (1) an additional long term
solution and (2) the workaround we've been using.

Cheers,
Brett