> Could it be that the new "Kill prcess group" stuff is killing too many
> processes, taking the main Gump process down with it?

I don't think it is the new stuff, per-se, but the fact that some old
slipped in with the new. The old killed "the Gump process" 'cos it was
running within a standalone process, a copy ('cos M$ doesn't have fork).
Inside the new, I suspect that the fork still sees 'the Gump process' as the
original. Poorly coded, and when mixed with a coincident bug, perhaps fatal.

I would've expected to see a log warning line (that I don't see in your
output) but since this possibility exists, and fits the experience we have,
I'm inclined to blame it. I'll fix it and commit.

regards,