>As has been mentioned a few times, part of the security features are dependent
>upon Yahoo!-type operations.

Allen, could you please enlist them here again (for the benefit of the
community)? Or, are you referring to only the cluster-wide start scripts?

On 8/25/10 1:25 PM, "Allen Wittenauer" <awittena...@linkedin.com> wrote:

On Aug 25, 2010, at 10:46 AM, Hemanth Yamijala wrote:
> I do agree that this would be very useful for folks who want security
> sooner. And the fact that Yahoo! have been running it at scale for a
> good while now is also assuring.

As has been mentioned a few times, part of the security features are dependent
upon Yahoo!-type operations.  Those would need to get replaced or a decision
would need to be made that we are removing/regressing certain features (the
cluster-wide start scripts).