On Aug 26, 2010, at 12:08 PM, Stack wrote:

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 5:27 PM, Arun C Murthy <a...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
In the interim I'd like to propose we push a hadoop-0.20-security release off the Yahoo! patchset (http://github.com/yahoo/hadoop-common). This will ensure the community benefits from all the work done at Yahoo! for over 12 months *now*, and ensures that we do not have to wait until hadoop-0.22
which has all of these patches.

Sounds good to me. What will this release be called? hadoop-0.20.3- security?

hadoop-0.20-security. I want to ensure hadoop-0.20 be a separate line, so as to not confuse people.

Conceivably, one could imagine a Hadoop Security + Append release soon
after.

Well, it'd probably be better if we just did an append release first?
A good few of us have been banging on the 0.20-append branch w/ a
while now and its for sure doing append better than 0.20 did (smile).

I think these are orthogonal and both can run their own course.

Arun