On Jan 11, 2011, at 9:09 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:

I'm open to suggestions - how about something like 20.100 to show that it's a big jump? Anything else?

Although I'm not wild about any of the potential release names, this patch set is neither a subset or superset of the 0.21 or 0.22 branches. Given that, I think that a new major release number makes the most sense. It is also relatively likely that additional minor releases will be made off of this branch while 0.22 is stabilizing. We've talked about declaring 0.20 a 1.0 for a long time and this feels like backing into the decision, but technically, I believe it to be the right name for such a release.

Thoughts?

-- Owen