On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Tsz Wo (Nicholas), Sze <
s29752-hadoopgene...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Todd,
>
> Great work!
>

> A few minor problems:
> (1) I had committed MAPREDUCE-2588, however, an commit email was sent to
> both
> common-commits@ and mapreduce-commits@.
> (2) hadoop/site becomes an empty directory.
> (3) There are svn properties in hadoop/common/trunk/
>
> (2) and (3) are simple.  I will remove hadoop/site and the svn properties
> for
> hadoop/common/trunk/.
>
> Does anyone know how to fix (1)?

Ah, we need to update the mailer config. This is the remaining task I
mentioned on the HADOOP-7106 JIRA. We had updated it to include both the old
and new spots for the sake of the transition. I'll ping Ian about this - I
think he's the only one with access.

> A separated question:
> Strictly speaking, this is not "project unsplit" since we are going to
> submit
> patches for individual sub-projects as before, i.e. we keep generating and
> committing patches to common/trunk/[common/hdfs/mapreduce] but not
> common/trunk;  hudson will pick up patches from individual sub-projects,
> etc.
> Am I correct?  Just want to make sure that everyone is on the same page.
>  :)

Correct, that's where we at for today. I opened HADOOP-7384 which will allow
patches generated against the "full repo" to apply to an individual project,
to make life easier for git users, but right now we still need separate
JIRAs and patches. See my other thread from this morning about some ideas
how we might be able to do cross-project patches in a reasonable way.

-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera