On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 01:37PM, Todd Lipcon wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Konstantin Boudnik <c...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > I tend to agree: JIRA separation was the benefit of the split.
> >
> > I'd rather keep the current JIRA split in effect (e.g. separate JIRA
> > projects
> > for separate Hadoop components; don't recombine them) and file patches in
> > the
> > same way (for common, hdfs, mapreduce). If a cross component patch is
> > needed
> > then HADOOP project JIRA can be used for tracking, patches, etc.
> >

> Yea, perhaps we just need the QA bot to be smart enough that it could handle
> a cross-project patch attached to HADOOP? Maybe we do something crazy and
> make a new HADOOPCROSS jira for patches that affect multiple projects? (just
> brainstorming here...)

Correct me if I'm wrong but in the new structure cross-component patch differs
from a component one by a patch level (i.e. p0 vs p1 if looked from
common/trunk), right? I guess the bot can be hacked to use this distinction
thus saving us an extra JIRA project which will merely serve the purpose of
meta-project.

cos