On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Rottinghuis, Joep <jrottingh...@ebay.com>wrote:

> Project un-split definitely simplifies things.
>
> Todd, if people add a watch based on patches, would they not miss
> notifictions for those entries in an earlier phase of their lifecycle?
> For example when issues are just reported, discussed and assigned, but no
> patch has been attached yet?

Another thought that Alejandro just suggested offline is to use JIRA
components rather than just the file paths. So, assuming there is a bot that
watches the JIRA, it would be easy enough to allow you to permawatch a
component (JIRA itself doesn't give this option).

Then, assuming the patch is assigned the right components, it will be seen
by people who care early on. If it's not given the right components, then it
will be seen once you upload a patch.

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera