But keep in mind that creating new logos forever will tend to prevent
consensus being formed.  That will result in the same result as no decision
at all (i.e. everybody will just use their own).

Owen already asked for votes on the original 6.  The only substantive
difference in the new logo is the addition of the feature (and the
esthetic/political sub-text issue of putting the feather in the elephants
nose).  Font size can and will be adjusted.  That adjustment will be done by
our art team in MapR if the circle logo concept is the accepted consensus.

My own view here is that consensus is at least as important as the precise
content.  Adding new options tends to value small details in content over
consensus.  I would prefer to not muddy the issue further.