?

Are you talking about color palette choices?  We use a pretty ordinary
corporate blue based palette which inevitably makes gray tones important.

Or the fact that we put circular borders around badge-like design element
like this: http://mapr.com/images/products/dependable/btn_ha.png ?

I don't think that we have any isolated rings such as the proposed logo on
mapr.com at this time.  We would like to (i.e. if this logo gets approved).

How would you suggest adjusting the circle?