Having spent some time in KDE before, proper intl. could only be
achieved if string freeze dates are set and notifications are pushed
out to translator teams for a translating period of newly exported
strings (it could be an ongoing process, but before a release may be
cut there ought to be a string freeze period). Where it can't be done,
English is fallen back upon…

But KDE had large amounts of simple translation, while Hadoop has more
of paragraphs and documents that need translation (keeping API docs
and error messages aside). A different approach could be thought with
that in mind I think.

--
Harsh J