On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Arun C Murthy <a...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> On Aug 29, 2012, at 10:04 AM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
>> On Aug 29, 2012, at 10:02 AM, Suresh Srinivas wrote:
>>>
>>> Robert and Alejandro have brought up good questions. Here are my thoughts:
>>> - For first one or two releases all the projects can coordinate and do the
>>> releases together. This should help simplify the immediate work needed.
>>> This should also help in us meeting the release timelines that we are
>>> working towards. As the split makes progress, this cross project
>>> coordination will no longer be necessary. I volunteer to RM these releases
>>> and do the needed co-ordination from HDFS.
>>

>> +1 seems like a reasonable first step. Thanks for volunteering Suresh.
>
> Also, I'd say we make at least 3-4 alpha/beta releases in this shape.
>
> I volunteer to RM for MR/YARN releases and work with Suresh.

I volunteer to RM HDFS releases as well. I think we should coordinate
releases, but I don't think we should gate HDFS releases on MR and
YARN releases, that will be one of the benefits of becoming a TLP.
Unlike parts of MR and YARN, HDFS wasn't completely re-written and so
should be release on it's own cycle, eg I think we'll be able to
release a non-alpha / beta 2.0 much sooner than MR or YARN.

Thanks,
Eli