On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 02:06 PM, Aaron Bannert wrote:

On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 08:51 AM, Henri Yandell wrote:

James/Geir need to create a PROPOSAL.html or some such.
To do this, they need CVS.

Post any files you want committed, or patches, and I or someone with appropriate privs can commit them. Eventually we'll get sick of committing all your contributions and give you direct access. :)

To get CVS, they need to get around the -1 on the name from Roy, or just
ignore him.

What are the incubator rules on -1's in this case? Is Roy's -1 binding?

Yes, it is binding. Compromise with him or come up with another name.

If we're talking about his comment on the member's list, I don't understand why it's binding. I respect it, agree with it, and certainly want to change the name too, but I don't understand why any post by a member can do that when there was no vote being taken.

For example, could I veto the name 'XMLBean' by just posting to the members list? I don't think so.

Once the PROPOSAL.html is written, it and STATUS.html should contain the
information you're asking for.

Let's just stick to plain text for now.

-- Geir Magnusson Jr 203-956-2604(w) Adeptra, Inc. 203-434-2093(m) [EMAIL PROTECTED] 203-247-1713(m)