Tetsuya,

Is there any chance you chould (cheekily) rewrite the URL listed to http://incubator.apache.org/projects/geronimo.html from http://incubator.apache.org ?

It might (if we improve the page gradually) stave off a lot of this newbieism. Tis very interesting the number of postings we are getting. If Geronimo is going to fly (or jump/fall ;) it is going to have to be highhly componentized.

Regards,

- Paul

I have the same opinion, however, I am not a committer of
incubator project.

The only one thing I could do was to put this news to
jakarta website.
(With the mail address for the subscription)

http://jakarta.apache.org/
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/elsewhere.html#20030805.1

It will be shown up in a few hours.

-- Tetsuya ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

P.S. I can rewrite to the place only which I have a karma for ;-)

--

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 03:39:57 +0200
(Subject: Re: Project involvement)
Erik Abele <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I wonder if someone should collect the addresses of all the interested people coming in here with absolutely no clue and send them a standardized mail with some instructions on how to get involved (mailing list subscription, incubator site and so on)? They are clearly asking for further information!

Is it possible for the moderators to estimate the ratio of post-only msgs compared to subscription requests? That would indicate if it's clear how to participate...

Perhaps it'd be also helpful to get an own mailing list for Geronimo? I'd suggest something like [EMAIL PROTECTED] or similar to a) ensure that the incubation status is clearly visible and b) prevent [EMAIL PROTECTED] from cluttering up too much. Is someone from infrastructure@ already working on setting up this stuff?

http://www.thoughtworks.com -> The art of heavy lifting.
Home for many Agile practicing, Open Source activists...