> From: "Noel J. Bergman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> This also fits in with what Ted just said.  He is shepharding XMLBeans on
> behalf of the XML PMC.  They are, I hope, acting as an involved parent, not
> just delegating to the Incubator PMC.  So Ted ought to be working with the
> Incubator PMC to ensure that the latter is kept in the loop and involved.

+1.

And to draw out the more generic - I believe
there is a concept of a sponsoring project/board
as well as a sponsoring member.

In the case of XMLBeans, I see (rightly or wrongly)
the XML project as being ultimately responsible for
the project's incubation.  (Although Ted is doing
most of the work :>.)

In other cases - the sponsor is the board.  That
doesn't mean that there is a TLP for the project,
just that the board has sponsored the incubation
and is taking active interest in the process, with
and expectation that should the project successfuly
leave the incubator, it do so as a newly formed TLP.

Finally, the incubator also has a PMC that can
sponsor and accept, and I would expect that in
those cases, the incubator is taking the active
interest.  In those cases, final destination is a
little unclear, but that probably just becomes
a piece that has to be worked through in incubation.

Cheers,
    Berin