Henri Yandell wrote:

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003, Steven Noels wrote:

I just want to say that this requirement of sponsors which should be
members was totally unclear to me when I started talking and working
with the BEA peeps (Cliff Schmidt). So even if this was meant to be by
design, it wasn't very obvious from the information available at the time.

I'm a bit confused, so my apologies if this question is answered somewhere. Am I reading it right that to be a sponsor for a project in the incubator one has to be an ASF member?

Based on the aggregation of information of the last few days - it appears that this is *not* official policy. However, it does appear that this is assumed policy in some quarters.

Stephen.

Hen

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]