Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

On Sunday, Sep 21, 2003, at 08:18 Europe/Rome, Steven Noels wrote:

... but not every PMC chair is a member (i.e. myself). Things can get quite funny, that way. It seems like there's some cracks in the
Matrix.

It might look, admittedly, strange that an ASF officer is not an ASF member, but for the PMC chair role, the person has been selected because he cares very much about one project: this doesn't make the person 'automatically' caring for the entire foundation.

Sure. I'm fully aware of this careful distinction.

[I'm not pointing fingers to anyone, just stating an abstract concept]

Don't worry - message well received.

I would, personally, be against a PMC chair which is not a member as the incubator sponsor for a project which doesn't reside under the PMC he/she leads.

After I've read this sentence three times, I can agree with:

It might well just be me, but I see no cracks in our Matrix.

Thanks,

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org