FWIW, my opinion is that standards-based Directory + Identity services could make up a natural "semantic domain" (actually more natural than "XML") and we should focus on defining this domain, rather than what languages or language-specific extensions will be supported (much as that diminishes the importance of JNDI and the extended Java APIs that I am personally looking forward to ;-)). Then we need to make the explicit commitment that the core solutions implemented and the eventual TLP will support *all* languages and *all* computing platforms. Can we all agree to this?

Clarification: the project only needs to agree to welcome volunteers who wish to work on that code within the project. You don't need to support the code -- only the community, so that folks who come along wanting to support their own languages can do so. There is no need to support languages that have no volunteers.

....Roy