Berin Lautenbach wrote:

> I've put something slightly different into the IncubatorMussings
> document.  I've said that the Incubator PMC *recommends* to the
> Sponsoring Entity (the receiving PMC) that something has completed,
> needs to continue or fails.

no, i don't think so.  the incubator is the sole arbiter of whether
the podling has met the criteria of being a viable asf entity.
if the original requesting project no longer wants it, that doesn't
mean the podling has failed in its test of asf-ness; it just means
the project doesn't want it any more.  and at that point, i think
it would be up to the podling to say what they'd like to do, and to
the other projects to say whether they would accept it.  if none do,
and the podling wants to sytay at asf, then i think it should go to
the board to consider creating a new tlp for it.
--
#ken    P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"