I'm been following the messages concerning exit criteria and releases and I see a conflict. If a project is under incubation, then it is not accepted into Apache and therfore the content that is generating is simply content under observation - not Apache content. As such, how can a such a project release any content under an Apache license and presume the endorcement and protection of the ASF? My personal conclusion is that anything under incubation cannot do anything in relationship to Apache concerning publication, and that the Incubator PMC would be at fault if it were to endorce the publication of any artifact related to an incubated project.

Can anyone explain to me the error implied by these assumptions?

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]