On Dec 2, 2003, at 5:40 PM, Aaron Bannert wrote:

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 09:58:02AM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
IMNSHO Geronimo can easily go on without a logo or a final name for a
couple of weeks if needed, so I'll wait to get 3 done after 1 and 2 are
done.

Please don't postpone this any longer.

Right - lets get the PPMC setup and have *them* deal with it.

We have had a vote.

Which of these are binding votes? ;)

 I would
like to hear what the current Geronimo committers think about the
vote, and if they are ok with selecting a new name (or if they are
vehemently opposed to choosing a new name). I realize that a
discussion about the name has already occured within the committers,
but I don't know if that decision was unanimous. Can we get the
committers to vote/voice their opinion here so we can finally wrap
this up?

They would in the PPMC. If you feel that it would be valid to have the committers decide - something I'm really glad to see - lets use this as a motivation to get the PPMC structure setup, get a mail list for them, and watch them go.

Given that PPMC decisions are subject to PMC and board oversight, there's no risk in doing it this way.

geir

[EMAIL PROTECTED]