In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Jay Zylstra" writes:
>So, since this idea doesn't belong in Apache, I'll have to create yet

That's not necessarily true.  Noel suggested you propose the idea
to Apache Commons (although I understand why it made sense to
approach the Incubator first).  It seems to me there's a strong
argument that these are reusable components to be shared by
multiple software development projects.  Instead of a code library
it's an art library (and why not music/sounds too) to be used by
programs.  Do you have any initial work with which to seed the library?
Who will contribute?  Who will use it?  It's a good idea, but if
it's just an idea and there's no one to do the work, then it won't fly.
I would think icons used by httpd, tomcat, and a couple of other Apache
projects could be used to populate the project, opening up the art
for ready use by other software.  Further replies should be directed
to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

daniel