Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

On Feb 14, 2005, at 10:23 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

All donated code should really go through the Incubator, even if only to
do the required IP checklist.

Right.

By my question is why doesn't this go through the Lucene project? The Lucene PMC could bring the codebase into their project and register the IP stuff here w/ the incubator.

I hope I'm just misunderstanding, but this appears to be a proposal to create a new project at the ASF called "Lucene4c"

The proposal was to create Lucene4c as a a subproject of the Lucene TLP. We weren't clear what the best way to proceed was, so Erik had me make a proposal here. If instead we can just go through the Lucene PMC that's fine with me, but I was under the impression that new subprojects are supposed to go through the incubator. I know that's what happened with the HTTPD-CLI project, for example.

-garrett