I can speak from our Beehive experience moving from Incubator to TLP. When we graduated, Infra successfully migrated all of our:

  beehive-<list>@incubator.apache.org

into:

  <list>@beehive.apache.org

including all of our subscribers and message history. Thanks, much Infra! :) The merged archives are available here:

  http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/beehive-dev/

I believe that the beehive-<list>@incubator aliases still forward to the new lists as I occasionally see mail from Beehive and Geronimo lists that still go to @incubator addresses. Could be wrong about this, though -- can someone from Infra confirm this?

If the goal is identifying things as incubating, my vote is a (non-binding) +1 for projects that live here.

Eddie

Craig L Russell wrote:
Hi,

-0 (non-binding)

Not to throw a monkey wrench into this, but:

Are we really sure that it's that easy changing an email alias at graduation time? Unlike svn repos that only a few folks use, mailing lists are widespread. Have you thought about exactly how to transition from the [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> to [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>? Will there be a forwarding of the old alias to the new alias at graduation? How long will the forwarding last? Will there be a consolidated archive of the old alias and the new alias? Will there be any continuation of threads from the old alias to the new alias?

Without a clear policy on the transitioning of the mail lists, and tools to facilitate the transition I'm not sure it's a good idea.
Craig