On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 19:47 -0800, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 11:16:13AM -0800, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> > Dumb question, is it a requirement that the incubating project move to
> > the org.apache package?
>
> I would say "yes".

Big +1.

We of course cannot control standard APIs like org.w3c.dom, or javax.*
etc., but for software that is developed at Apache the Java packaging
should always be org.apache.*. IMO that's the signal to the world of
Java programmers that they're using ASF code and its a valuable signal
that we must not lose.

"Hurting" current users with the change cost is a good thing in this
case IMO: that way they too realize that there's a big change in the
project and that its now an ASF project.

Sanjiva.