On 1/4/06, Sanjiva Weerawarana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So .. amidst all of our soul searching .. what'd we decide to do with
> the Ajax proposal from IBM et al.?? Did I miss the vote and decision??

I don't believe there is a sponsoring PMC at this point.

Personally, I would prefer that the ASF not accept _any_ AJAX framework at
this point in time. The area is relatively new and in a great deal of flux
right now, and "crowning" one of them with the ASF brand will create a de
facto standard instead of letting the market decide, whether we like it or
not.

I realise that the Incubator doesn't work that way, though, and that plenty
of people don't seem to care / mind that we'd create a (premature, IMHO) de
facto standard, but I can always hope. ;-)

--
Martin Cooper

Sanjiva.