On Friday 13 January 2006 04:27, David E. Jones wrote:
> As I understand it in order to become a top level project the Board
> must be the sponsor, which is why the proposal was written that way.

That is a misconception. For projects targetting top-level, EITHER the Board
or the Incubator PMC must sponsor.
Board doesn't like to sponsor, and do so only in exceptional cases. So the
Incubator PMC is the right folks to address. (And probably why you get the
"What is this doing here?" response from the Board.)

Anyway.
I am also quite intrigued by this proposal. OFBiz has been on my radar for
quite a few years, but never got into any active work I am doing.

However, I am currently working on a "competing product" which I think would
benefit from being based on something like OFBiz instead of "all in-house"
development. I think the company in question would also benefit is some of
the generic stuff is pushed out into OFBiz, to lower the man power
requirement. After all, this company doesn't sell the underlying technology,
they sell the end-user system, totally customized for a particular company.

I am in favour of bringing this to ASF, and would also like to assist in the
incubation process.

Cheers
Niclas