On 17.01.2006, at 00:33, Sam Ruby wrote:

Noel J. Bergman wrote:
We seem to agree on the rest, but the proposal should make it clear,
since those are points that appear to concern (some) others.

To be honest, I would rather those points be placed on an general incubator page as they apply to every proposal.

* No codebase within the ASF is to be considered an exclusive location
  for a general technology within the ASF.

'No codebase' plus 'or project' to catch umbrella's we still have...

* All initial codebases are just that: initial. Once the code is here,
  if people feel that the code sucks or the architecture sucks, or
whatever else someone wants to complain about, all parties understood
  that the future direction of the architecture and code is, as is
  everything at the ASF, subject to communal will.

* Other contributors interested in any ASF codebase, with or without
  existing codebases, are free to contribute, or to propose additional
  related projects.

+1 - I don't know how to add this to the incubator-site myself (is anakia now ready to use?) but I'd really like to see this somewhere on incubator.a.o, e.g. http://incubator.apache.org/faq.html...

Cheers,
Erik