Don,

Podlings should be kept separate from ASF projects.  However, considering
that you are talking only about the commits list, not the rest of the
Webwork resources, and specifically (and only) since Struts has the notices
for all of its component projects going to the same list, and there doesn't
appear to be any dispute about WebWork becoming part of next generation
Struts, your request seems reasonable.

But I don't think that I'd like to make a precedent out of it.  :-)

        --- Noel