On 6/7/06, Jochen Wiedmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

this is possibly OT, so I apologize in advance. A while ago there has
been a discussion around a separate project for specifications on this
list, which grew into nothing. Currently I am on the way to publish a
clean room implementation of the JAXB 2.0 API. There are no IP issues:
It is based on the jaxme-api (clean room JAXB 1.0 API), written by me,
an existing committer and, as of yet, unpublished.

However, the question arises: What would be a possible target project?
I could imagine geronimo-specs (the API will be a part of J2EE 1.5),
harmony (the API will be a part of a future J2SE release), ws commons,
or again JaxMe.

FWIW, I've already begun typing in the JAXB 2.0 spec APIs and I'm
using the Apache License. My intention is to check them into the
Castor (http://castor.codehaus.org/) Subversion repo, but anyone is
welcome to them. I'm only partially through the specs, but many of the
ideas in JAXB 2.0 came from the Castor project, so I'm hoping that
providing the implementation (or at least most of it, say maybe 80%)
will be pretty easy because it's already there.

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print unpack("u30","D0G)[EMAIL
PROTECTED]&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"

Apache ActiveMQ - http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
Apache ServiceMix - http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/
Castor - http://castor.org/