On Jun 20, 2006, at 1:01 PM, Brian McCallister wrote:
On Jun 19, 2006, at 7:15 AM, Jim Hurley wrote:

This proposal seeks to create a project within the Apache Software
Foundation to continue the development and advancement of Jini
technology. It has broad backing from the Jini Community, and
includes core developers from Sun Microsystems (original developer
of the technology) as well as Community technical leaders.

This is very cool. Who controls the Jini spec, out of curiosity?

-Brian

Thanks Brian.

Currently the specs are controlled by our community process, "The
Jini Community Decision Process (JDP)". Details can be found at
<http://jini.org/jdp/>.

Right now we're leaning towards moving the specs into the Apache
project (if accepted), and having them controlled by the
PMC/committers of the project. This would replace the JDP's role
in controlling changes to the specs. The whole of the Jini Community
would still have a strong influence in what happens with the specs
(through the Apache project aliases, etc), and for those in the
Community wanting to get involved in a more substantive way, they
have the opportunity to become a committer/be on the PMC.

It's still somewhat of an open issue and is being discussed
right now in the Jini Community.

-Jim