Niclas Hedhman wrote:
On Wednesday 21 June 2006 19:19, Leo Simons wrote:

What I'm missing is an idea of the interaction between jini.org and this
proposed new apache project, and an idea of the interaction between the JCP
process and the apache project. Eg is the apache project a (reference?)
implementation of a bunch of JCP specs managed through jini.org (in which
case I'd say it needs a new name), is it a 'full' move from jini.org to
jini.apache.org, or something else?

It has been discussed that jini.org will serve as a "information portal", with links to docs, specs, implementations, the starter kit, and so forth. The Apache project will first be the center of coding of the starter kit, and other useful generic tools.

Additionally, user projects currently on jini.org are, in many cases, going to move over to dev.java.net.

In respect of the starter kit there's some discussion about just which audience it should be targetted at (new user, experienced user etc) and whether there might be more than one "deliverable" from the project (it's even possible the "starter kit" is housed on jini.org given the intentions re: new users whilst the core tools, frameworks etc might be on apache).

Best,

Dan.