Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
I thought XFire does all these specs too
(http://xfire.codehaus.org/Stack+Comparison; except for obviously
JAX-WSA as that's not even done yet). So what part of Celtix (other than
the name) is in Celtixfire in that case?

Celtix has JAX-WS nearly fully done (hard to tell when the TCK isn't available yet), where as XFire only has about 50% done. Additionally Celtix has things like WS-RM, better JMX Integration, a better JMS transport, etc.

However, I'm not certain Iona folks look at it as just an impl of these
specs- at least that's not the impression I've gotten so far. Adi or any
of the Iona folks can you indicate what exactly Celtixfire is from your
point of view? Celtix is still marketed as an ESB and James' picture
doesn't quite fit. From http://celtix.objectweb.org/: "Celtix 1.0
provides users with a feature-rich, open source ESB runtime that can
support any organization’s adoption of Service Oriented Architecture
(SOA) in the enterprise."
I don't presume to speak for IONA, but after chatting with them a fair amount I wouldn't let their marketing team influence your opinion of what the project is about.

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions